HAVEN began serving clients in 1979. Over the past 30 years we have maintained our commitment to assisting victims of domestic abuse through intervention and prevention programs.
We envision a community knowledgeable about domestic abuse, fully engaged and committed to the safety and well-being of its members.
HAVEN is committed to reducing the incidence and minimizing the impact of domestic abuse on families and communities. We provide emergency shelter, crisis intervention, on-going support, referrals, and education.
- We believe our community should support every individual’s right to a safe home environment.
- We believe individuals have the right to self-determination and respect.
- We believe a community promoting equality and individual empowerment will be free of abuse.
- We believe what an individual says about her or his experience is true.
- We believe we are accountable to the survivors and their participation in the organization is essential.
- We believe the manner in which we work toward our goals is as important as realizing them, and therefore are committed to empowering and liberating ways of working together.
- We believe education and understanding are vital to individual and community change.
- We believe in order to have peace in the world; there must be peace in the home.
- Emergency shelter
- 24 hour crisis line
- Legal advocacy
- Adult support group
- Children’s support group
- Individual counseling
- Community education