HAVEN began serving clients in 1979. Over more than three decades, HAVEN has worked to both provide safe intervention for survivors of domestic violence, stalking and sexual assault, as well as to prevent future violence from occurring. It is thanks to our community’s generosity that we are able to provide empowering, supportive, life-saving programs.
We envision a community knowledgeable about domestic abuse, fully engaged and committed to the safety and well-being of its members.
HAVEN is committed to reducing the incidence and minimizing the impact of domestic abuse on families and communities. We provide emergency shelter, crisis intervention, on-going support, referrals, and education.
- We believe our community should support every individual’s right to a safe home environment.
- We believe individuals have the right to self-determination and respect.
- We believe a community promoting equality and individual empowerment will be free of abuse.
- We believe what an individual says about their experience is true.
- We believe we are accountable to the survivors and their participation in the organization is essential.
- We believe the manner in which we work toward our goals is as important as realizing them, and therefore are committed to empowering and liberating ways of working together.
- We believe education and understanding are vital to individual and community change.
- We believe in order to have peace in the world; there must be peace in the home.
Our services are for any victim or survivor of domestic violence, sexual assault, and stalking.
- Emergency shelter
- 24 hour support line
- Legal advocacy
- Adult support group
- Kid’s Group
- Individual counseling
- Community education