Domestic violence websites
- National Violence Against Women Act – For advocates, about Violence against Women and the National Violence against Women Act.
- Prevention Connection – A project dedicated to the primary prevention of domestic violence
- Montana Coalition Against Domestic and Sexual Violence – A statewide coalition of individuals and organizations working together to end domestic and sexual violence through advocacy, public education, public policy, and program development
- Montana Violent and Sexual Offender Registry– Search for offenders and see where they live in your community.
- Futures Without Violence – Partnering with communities to end domestic violence worldwide
- Women’s Law Initiative – Gives legal advice to women about restraining orders, child custody etc.
- Minnesota Center Against Violence and Abuse – Clearinghouse of wide variety of information on domestic violence. Covers many issues, including domestic violence, and gives information on resources, articles, jobs, training, and events.
- National Network to End Domestic Violence – Current events, public policy advocacy and census tracking/ statistics.
- National Latino Alliance for the Elimination of Domestic Violence – To end domestic violence in Latino/ Hispanic communities
- Violence Intervention and Prevention Center – An innovative approach to intervention and prevention through the University of Kentucky.
- Compassion Power – A site that helps batterers with anger management
- Fatherhood Institute – How to be a good father
- Founding Fathers – Prevention through fatherhood
- Institute on Domestic Violence in the African American Community – Addresses the unique situation of domestic violence in the African American community
- Protective Mother’s Alliance – Information about child custody in domestic violence situations and reports of child abuse.
Websites about sexual abuse
- MSU VOICE Center – Montana State University’s VOICE (Victim Options In the Campus Environment) center
- National Sexual Violence Resource Center – Links to publications and local organizations
Websites about children and child abuse
- Child Welfare Information Gateway – information on how to prevent child abuse, respond to child abuse and support families
- The Children’s Bureau Government – information promoting safety, permanence and well being for children.
Websites about teen dating violence
- Expect Respect – For girls thinking about dating.
- teenrelationships.org – Helps teens determine whether they are in an abusive relationship and what a healthy relationship looks like.
- thatsnotcool – Tools for teens to stop textual harassment and other forms of teen dating pressure. This site is geared towards teens.
- Lessons From Literature – Enlists English teachers to use reading materials that facilitate discussion about domestic and sexual violence in order to prevent future abuse.
- Texas Advocacy Project’s Teen Justice Initiative – Collaborating with other groups about teen’s legal rights in teen dating violence and also offers legal assistance to teens in Texas who are in abusive relationships.
Websites about domestic violence in homosexual relationships
- Another Closet – Information about domestic violence in gay and lesbian relationships.
Websites about bulling and cyber-bullying
- National Crime Prevention Council on Cyber-bullying – Provides information about stopping cyber bullying before it starts.
- Stop Cyber-Bullying – Has a fun quiz to rate your online behavior, information about why some people cyber bully, and how to stop yourself from cyber bullying.
- WiredSafety.com – Provides information about what to do if you are cyber bullied.
- stopbullyingnow.com (created by the International Bullying Prevention Association) – Has information about what you can do to stop bullying.
- International Bullying Prevention Association
- National Youth Violence Prevention Resource Center – Good links to other articles and sites.
- Kids Against Bullying – Resource center for kids experiencing bullying.
Websites for men concerned about domestic violence
- My Strength is not for hurting – information for men on what they can do to prevent rape.
- Mencanstoprape.org – National organization with many members and clubs that help men get involved in the rape issue.
- Toolkit for Working with Men and Boys – A project working to teach men and boys to prevent gender violence.
- The White Ribbon Campaign – Men working to end men’s violence against women. Information for educators on how to address bystander behavior.
Faith based websites dealing with domestic violence
- Faith Trust Institute – Multi-faith organization working to end domestic and sexual violence. Gives resources to advocates and communities to address religious and cultural issues related to abuse.
- MCADSV Faith-based Initiatives – MT coalitions faith based action and resources.
- Peace and Safety in the Christian Home – promoting peace and safety in the Christian home.
- The RAVE Project – Tries to equip religious leaders with information and resources to help abused women in their communities.
- The Soul Sanctuary – good biblical support against domestic violence, the Soul Sanctuary trains clergy on how to detect domestic violence.
- United States Conference of Catholic Bishops – Information on domestic violence for Catholic leaders.